QJUNKIE LIMITED, a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 10168028) of 32-34 High Street, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1AG (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is QJUNKIE LIMITED of 32-34 High Street, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 1AG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.qjunkie.co.uk (“our site”) or via our QJunkie app (“our app”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, download our app, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site or our app. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and, personal description.
Information about other individuals. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data;
• receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices;
• give consent to any transfer of his/her data;
• we may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site and/or our app we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your device such as the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting;
Information about your location using GPS technology or such other location tracking software we may use from time to time. Some of the features of our site and our app will require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s or device’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site and/or our app. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site and/or our app, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site and/or our app when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site and our app works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site and/or our app. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site and/or our app, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and our app and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after the current browsing period has finished.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site and our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and our app for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site and our app to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site and our app safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site and our app about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in BH1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and our app.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If QJUNKIE LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site and/or our app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and or our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Your consent and rights of access
We will only collect and store information about you with your consent. You provide us with your consent by choosing to provide your personal details when you contact us, complete forms on our website and when you use our service.
You can change your mind or remove or add your consent at any time.
• You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
• You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
• You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased.
• If you wish us to continue to store your information but wish us to keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let us know and we will do so.
• You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email of telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
• You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you in a CSV file. There is no administrative charge for this service.
• You have the right to object to any direct marketing.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at 32-34 High Street, Ringwood, Hampshire, England BH24 1AGorby email to [email protected]
Our site and/or our app may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW LONG WE WILL STORE YOUR DATA
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data will be deleted in the following circumstances:
You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
The data is no longer up to date or accurate.